The Aurora Highlands Celebrates Grand Opening
With 31 model homes now complete, the community will celebrate on July 15-16 with tours, live performances, complimentary food and drinks and a chance for visitors to win $25,000 towards a new home*
AURORA, CO (June 16, 2023) – The Aurora Highlands, an extraordinary 4,000-acre master-planned community in northeast Aurora, is celebrating its grand opening by inviting the public to explore the impressive residential development and tour its collection of 31 model homes on July 15 and 16.
While The Aurora Highlands has already celebrated numerous milestones, ranging from the installation of captivating public art to the groundbreaking ceremony for the community’s inaugural public school, there are now dozens of model homes ready to tour. Crafted by renowned builders including Richmond American, Pulte, Bridgewater, Taylor Morrison and Tri Pointe, with even more esteemed builders soon to join, these homes have been meticulously designed to epitomize a harmonious blend of modernity and sophistication, ensuring an unrivaled living experience at every price point.
Grand opening celebrations are free, open to the public and will include:
- Self-guided tours of The Aurora Highland’s 31 model homes.
- A chance to win $25,000 towards a down payment on a home in The Aurora Highlands, a $2,500 gift card to an American home furniture store or a $250 gift card to Home Depot by collecting stamps at each model home. *
- Hayride tours showcasing community amenities, including captivating public art installations at Hogan Park at Highlands Creek and exciting future sites for anticipated amenities such as the water park and the ice and recreation center.
- Food and drinks from beloved vendors like In-N-Out Burger, Dry Dock Brewing, Crumbl Cookies and more.
- Free activities for the family, including a bounce house, carousel rides, yard games and photo opportunities.
- Captivating performances by local artists on the community’s new event stage:
- Saturday performances by WestRock at 11 a.m. and Aaron Nichol at 2 p.m.
- Sunday performances by Eric Golden at 11 a.m. and WireWood Station at 2 p.m.
“As both a developer and one of the first residents of The Aurora Highlands, I am filled with an overwhelming sense of pride for what this remarkable project has become — a thriving development that encapsulates the true essence of community,” expressed Carla Ferreira, principal and director of onsite development. “Every meticulously crafted home and thoughtfully designed amenity within The Aurora Highlands reflects our unwavering commitment to curating an extraordinary living experience. Witnessing our vision come to life has been a deeply rewarding journey, and I am eagerly anticipating the opportunity to celebrate alongside my neighbors and introduce The Aurora Highlands to the wider public.”
For more information on grand opening events, please visit theaurorahighlands.com/grandopening
* Official rules for the $25,000 giveaway can be found at theaurorahighlands.com/go-rules
About The Aurora Highlands
Located between the mountains and the plains, The Aurora Highlands 4,000-acre master planned community expands the metro area to the east near DIA. The community features every category of housing from attached to multi-family and single-family residences, providing people with more than 12,500 housing units. The community also incorporates Colorado’s active lifestyle with recreation centers and over 21 miles of trials, 12 neighborhood parks and 20 pocket parks. Hogan Park at Highlands Creek in particular will feature public art instillations, performance plazas, climbing walls, a zip line, embankment slides and gardens in its nearly 100-acre space. Aurora Public Schools will also build four new schools in the community, the first of which will break ground in 2022 and open in 2023. For more information about The Aurora Highlands, please visit www.theaurorahighlands.com or call the Visitor Center at 720-356-0123.